Adam Fieled (Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, USA): Something Solid: Miscellaneous Sonnets: "To Stacy Blair"
A flaxen beacon in my brain—
how could you be more than
this: an ideal reader lapping
up my obscure literature on
a foreign continent, a fingered
box opened to strange whims,
a space mapping interstellar
distances, overdriven in lust,
overcome. Yet when I sit
and write this out, I see how much
there is of you in me; I don’t
know how it happened, except
that you read yourself into my
body, an ocean of wine, salt.
© Adam Fieled 2009-2026
how could you be more than
this: an ideal reader lapping
up my obscure literature on
a foreign continent, a fingered
box opened to strange whims,
a space mapping interstellar
distances, overdriven in lust,
overcome. Yet when I sit
and write this out, I see how much
there is of you in me; I don’t
know how it happened, except
that you read yourself into my
body, an ocean of wine, salt.
© Adam Fieled 2009-2026
<< Home