Personal Mythologies II: Postscript
The Personal Mythologies II reading at the Kelly Writers House, took place, as is documented on PennSound, on September 20, 2003. One of the poems I read that day, What Needs No Myth, was meant as both homage and a challenge to William Butler Yeats and The Second Coming, one of his signature pieces. The Personal Mythologies II mp3 was placed on my PennSound Author Page in 2018. It took until this summer to really look closely at the entire reading. What Needs No Myth, I felt, is the strongest of the pieces I read, and also one I'd forgotten about. Providentially, it fits in with the Apparition Poems series and with all the writing I've done around philosophy. So, I sent the piece to Eratio. It was released on August 17. Many thanks to Gregory Vincent St. Thomasino and also to PennSound for keeping me awake!
<< Home