Adam Fieled (editor, Philadelphia, USA): Two Poems

THE FALL (FOR MARY HARJU)

I look at a bridge through the window.
I am standing, naked, while you paint.

I feel that every moment is new, nude.
I am in my body as it actually is, I am

in time as it moves forward, from in
side my body, responsive to drafts

coming through the window, mirrors
which show me what I know too well

to know, what I have lived through
and with, what I have seen but not

been Other to. Sunlight glistens-
we fall upwards, without question.


FROM THE LAST DROP

I saw no one at the coffee shop

I had coffee that tasted like ash

I opened a volume of Beckett

I stared into a wall-size mirror

I smoked a soul-coughing butt

I redid my stubborn Irish mind

I was home in twenty minutes

I have waited years to write this


c. Adam Fieled 2008