Tom Orange (D.C., USA): from A Day in Switzerland

from A Day in Switzerland

8:48 am

To defend oneself
from the images
one cannot love—
memory's false
undertow


*


7:45 am

Faced with existence
I take off my pants
and proceed with
a somnambulist's clarity


*

4:32 am

I want to believe
the same eyes as mine


*

8:56 pm

People willing the familiar thirst
for infinite novelties of personality


*


7:30 am

Like the magician's
eye it opens
your sex in my hand


*

3:39 am

You have found
no stupidity
that others have
not already discovered


*

2:51 pm

I'm afraid
I smoke the
indulgent
passions of
the brain
perhaps
without
first searching
for the fires
of inexperience


*

6:39 am

To what extent
do we begin to
present knowledge
without understanding?


*

9:09 am

The Buddha goes
to smoke hashish
in the church
of amorous ideas


*

9:24 am

Gently the eternal
subconscious excites
my desire to lose
the changing line
of memory's furrows


*

10:10 pm

Why I do not
believe in the
particularly
good taste
of people
too long


*

12:31 am

The more
beautiful
you are

to look
would break
my heart


*
1:24 am

Now take
a walk
with me
and see
what is
happening


*

2:16 am

A well-organized heart
knows how to
fall asleep on
good footing


*

5:09 pm

The dangerous seduction
of philosophy is a
vampire empiricism
which proceeds to
consolidate wisdom
on the horizon
of its desire


*

1:26 am

I proceed to paint
an explanation of
existence as if
the character of
curiosity existed
beyond our reason


*

12:53 am

I seek the astonishment
of all the illusions that
bind reason to its
depository of dreaming


*


2:34 am

Man tries
to escape
labyrinths
of doubt
through
the light
of stars
that are
dead phantoms
of certainty


*

6:10 am

I
admire
your
eyes

Will
you
help
me


© Tom Orange 2007